WPS for Inconel 600 and Incoloy 800H

Hi gent,

1. I have drawing from the vendor, which mentioned end of the pipe was cladding Inconel 600.This pipe will be welded to SA 106 Gr.B
    How can I know which welding consumable is suitable for this requirement?

2. Also, other drawing mentioned: the base metal is Alloy 800H. How I can choose the welding consumable?
    Thank you,

4 Likes

Corrosion Restant Overlay Procedure (CRO), that is specical process should carefully check in project requirement.

In my opinion, CRO procedure on carbon steel and HSLA overlay by GMAW / SAW with alloy 615 (AWS A5.14 ERCrNiMo-3).

1. CRO on carbon steel without PWHT.
  2. CRO on HSLA (AISI 4130) with PWHT.

Additional buffer layer should consider in the new PQR (if required by Client).

The second question, I never did procedure and no advice.

Hope that help you!

3 Likes

Thanks for your information, all cladding from nozzle of equipment which follow ASME VIII div 2, for sure we will proceed new PQR. I intend to use SMAW AWS 5.11 ENiCrFe-3 to overlay on the normal carbon steel with same requirement of equipment.

2 Likes

Thank you, I will back this topic when I have final decided.

1 Like

API RP 582 - Annex B will give your benefit and how to select welding consumable.

I went it already but It is not make me satisfied due to it is not clear for our material.

Blockquote[quote=“bien, post:5, topic:2053, full:true”]
API RP 582 - Annex B will give your benefit and how to select welding consumable.
[/quote]

I went it already but It is not make me satisfied due to it is not clear for our material.

4 Likes