As Per API 1104,what is the base material qualifications range for a welder??? if someone knows please tell…
A welder who has successfully completed the qualification test described in 6.2.1 shall be qualified within the limits of the essential variables described below. If any of the following essential variables are changed, the welder shall be re qualified using an applicable qualified procedure.
a) A change from one welding process to another welding process or combination of processes, as follows:
- a change from one welding process to a different welding process; or
- a change in the combination of welding processes, unless the welder has qualified on separate qualification tests, using each of the welding processes that are to be used for the combination of welding processes.
b) A change in the direction of welding from vertical uphill to vertical downhill or vice versa.
c) A change of filler metal classification from Group 1 or 2 to any other group or from any Group 3 through 9 to Group 1 or 2 (see Table 1). A change of filler metal classification not listed in Table 1 to any other filler metal classification or vice versa.
d) A change from one specified OD group to another. These groups are defined as follows:
- specified OD less than 2.375 in. (60.3 mm),
- specified OD from 2.375 in. (60.3 mm) through 12.750 in. (323.9 mm),
- specified OD greater than 12.750 in. (323.9 mm).
e) A change from one specified wall thickness group to another. These groups are defined as follows:
- specified pipe wall thickness less than 0.188 in. (4.8 mm),
- specified pipe wall thickness from 0.188 in. (4.8 mm) through 0.750 in. (19.1 mm),
- specified pipe wall thickness greater than 0.750 in. (19.1 mm).
f) A change in position from that for which the welder has already qualified (e.g. a change from rolled to fixed or a change from vertical to horizontal or vice versa). A welder who qualifies in the fixed position shall also be qualified to perform rolled welds within the essential variables qualified. A welder who qualifies on a butt weld shall also be qualified to make lap fillet welds within the essential variables qualified. A welder who successfully passes a butt weld qualification test in the fixed position with the axis inclined 45° from horizontal shall be qualified to do butt welds and lap fillet welds in all positions.
g) A change in the joint design (e.g. the elimination of a backing strip or a change from V bevel to U bevel).
I am not familiar with the API from my little knowledge if you qualify your welder with a pipe OD of 60.3mm and of thickness 4.8mm then your welder qualified for a pipe OD of 60.3 mm to 323.9mm and for a thickness of 4.8mm to 19.1mm
Title should Welder Qualification to API 1104,…