How many test coupons needed for welder qualification on pipe NPS 2" Sch80 by GTAW, ASME Sec. IX ?
– Prepare A Test Coupon Out of 300 х 150 х (t) mm CS Plates / pipe: min length at least 150mm
– Angle, Root Face & Root Opening Shall Be As Per The WPS
– Provide Run in & Run Out Coupon & Fix the Test Coupon In Any One Of The Positions To Be Qualified.
– Weld The Groove Fully In The Position
– All Welding Variables Shall be Strictly Within The Qualified WPS
Thanks, my question qualify on pipe, not plate.
Length of weld production of min. 150 mm.
So, your test coupon (60.3 OD x 5.54 mm WT) is enough for welder qualification.
Thanks so much.