An actual marking on product shall reflect that product has manufactured accordance to the specification and its original. It is necessary to cross check with the material test report.
Each fitting shall be permanently marked with the required identification by raised lettering and/or stamping. Cylindrical fittings shall be marked on the O.D. or end of the fitting in a location such that the marking will not be obliterated as a result of welding installation (ASME B16.11).
ASME B16.11 covers normal size from 1/8" to 4". Fittings shall be made of materials consisting of forgings, bar, seamless pipe, or seamless tubular products.
See latest edition on ANSI Store, ASME B16.5, ASME B16.9, And ASME B16.11 - Flanged, Forged, And Buttwelding Fittings Package
- Name: manufacturer’s name or trade-marks, example I.M.L ’ logo .
- Material identification: example ASTM A105N or ASTM A182 F316/316L.
- Class Designation: example 3000 lbs or 6000 lbs.
- Product Conformance: B16.
- Size: (SI or US Customary Units), example NPS 1” or DN25 .
- Heat number or heat code: example T3Z
Visual inspection and dimensional inspection
Visual inspection: overall check surface condition and marking information.
Dimensional inspection: type of flange and class, material, size, etc. Acceptance criteria refer to ASME B16.11 para 6 and para. 7.