- Option A – 3 specimens
- Option B – 5 specimens (recommend)
PQR Supplementary essential variable , see Table 4.6
Test Requirements , see 4.28
- Test requirements for weld between base metals with specified minimum yield strengths of 50 ksi or less than
- Recommend testing at -20 deg. C or contract document.
For non-tubular, see Figure 4.6 and Figure 4.28.
For tubular, see Figure 4.19 & 4.20.
- Weld metal
- Fusion line (optional)
- Fusion line +1 mm
- Fusion line +5 mm
We recommend to subject testing at fusion line because of your PQR intend to use in more projects.
Figure 4.28 are detail an individual CVN test requirement in a single welding process. If you PQR in combined process (more than one process application), each of one process should present the test specimens.
We recommend running PQR in a single process and you may also combination of more than one welding process on production weld, see limitation in Table 4.5 line #34.
Acceptance criteria , see 4.28.2 and Table 4.14
- Standard size 10×10 mm, min. absorbed 27J.
- Sub-size specimens, actual temperature shall be reduced to test temperature in Table 4.15.
- The reduction in the minimum acceptance energy value for sub-size shall be determined in conformance with ASTM A370 Table 9.
- Percent shear and lateral expansion shall be record when specified in the contract documents or specification, see Figure 11 through 16 of ASTM A370-05.