ASTM A53 / A53M-18 - Standard Specification for Pipe, Steel, Black and Hot-Dipped, Zinc-Coated, Welded and Seamless.
ASTM A53 covers seamless and welded black and hot-dipped galvanized steel pipe.
There are 3 types E, F and S, you need to note during reviewing MTC and material inspection.
Chemical composition and mechanical properties values, you need to refer to specification, latest published is ASTM A53 / A53M-18 .
!!! Important: how to check actual material delivery to comply with specification and MTC.
|Speciﬁcation designation||ASTM A53-18|
|Quality||500 length, 6m/length|
|Grade||Gr. B type S|
|Certification||Test report 3.1|
- Hot forming, cold forming or welded.
- As given in Table 1, you must refer to check content percentage.
- As given in Table 2, you must refer to check the value.
Bending and flattening test
- Bending test: pipe NPS 2" and under
- Flattening test: pipe over NPS 2".
Hydrotest or NDE
- Required HT or NDE or both.
- Pressure test or NDE method shall be stated in the MTC.
Permissible variations in weigth and dimension.
- See Para. 12 in ASTM A53.
The original markings are required by this specification that we must check at the time of inspection, also compare with their MTC.
Each length shall be marked by rolling, stamping or stenciling.
|Size||NPS 6" Sch40|
|Type of pipe||S|
|Hydrotest or NDE||2500 PSI or NDE or both|
|Processor marking||ABC (*)|
(*) Transfer original marking into shorter length (unmarked lengths) by processor:
- The original markings.
- The processor’s name or trade name.