For the first time ASME addressed specific requirements for personnel supervising welding qualification.
QG-106 ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY
First paragraph added
Personnel performing supervisory activities and control over the joining of qualification coupons (Procedure + Welder) shall:
- (a) be designated by the organization with responsibility for certifying qualification documents.
- (b) have a satisfactory level of competence in accordance with the organization’s quality program. As a minimum, they shall be qualified by education, experience, or training in the following areas:
- (1) knowledge of the requirements of this Section for the qualification of procedures and/or joining personnel
- (2) knowledge of the organization’s quality program.
- (3) the scope, complexity, or special nature of the activities to which oversight is to be provided
- (c ) have a record, maintained by the organization, containing objective evidence of the qualifications, training, or experience.
(Source: from Linkedin by Mr. Piotr Paluszkiewicz)