ASME B16.9-2018 Factory-Made Wrought Buttwelding Fittings
Markings are required in para. 4 of this code.
Each fitting shall be permanently marked to show the following:
1. Standard marking,
- manufacturer’s name or trademark, (logo)
- material identification, either the ASTM or ASME grade designation, (ASTM A234 WPB)
- schedule number or nominal wall thickness in mm, (S120)
- size the nominal pipe size (NPS) identification number related to the end connections shall be used, (8x6)
- compliance — see for standard and special fitting marking
- Additional markings, (heat number)
A manufacturer may supplement these mandatory markings with others, including a DN size designation, but confusion with the required marking shall be avoided.
2. Depth of Stamping:
Where steel stamps are used, care shall be taken so that the marking is not deep enough or sharp enough to cause cracks or to reduce the wall thickness of the fitting below the minimum allowed.
Standard Fittings. That the fitting was manufactured in conformance with this Standard, including all dimensional requirements, is certified by a prefix “WP” in the material grade designation marking.
Special Fittings. That the fitting was manufactured in conformance with this Standard, except that dimensional requirements are as agreed between the purchaser and the manufacturer, is certified by a supplementary suffix to the material grade designation marking as follows:
(a) “S58” of ASTM A960 applies for fittings in accordance with ASTM A234, A403, and A420.
(b) “S8” applies for fittings in accordance with ASTM A815.
(c ) “SPLD” applies for fittings in accordance with ASTM B361, B363, and B366.