The isometric drawing mention RT 100% but not mention to Acceptance Criteria. Regard to table 341.3.2 ASME B31.3, It will be acceptance to normal fluid or cyclic condition ? Many Thanks
Normally, we look in project specification.
You may find out in ASME B31.3 2016 Section 300 (d) - Determining Code Requirements and Appendix M - GUIDE TO CLASSIFYING FLUID SERVICES to determine fluid service.
It is not a scope of welding inspector!
Following this topic, I found a good article that need to share WFP 2-01-Att-2-R1.pdf (102.6 KB) .
Other topic and guidelines in weldingandndt.
Acceptance criteria for Visual Inspection
(Refer: UIG-97, Page – 345 of of ASME BPVC Section VIII Div 1, 2017 Edition.)
(a) The surface shall be free of any visible laminations, spalling, or cracks. Cracks in tubes shall not be repaired and shall be considered cause for rejection.
(b) For tubes, scratches shall not exceed 1/32 in. (0.8 mm) in depth. For all other material, scratch depth shall not exceed 1/8 in. (3 mm).
For acceptable limit of thickness reduction, Refer UW-35 (sub para b, page – 144) which states that:
- The reduction in thickness shall not exceed 1mm (1/32 in.) or 10% of material nominal thickness whichever is less, provided that the material of the adjoining surfaces below the design thickness at any point.
For allowable limit of Weld Reinforcement, Refer UW-35 (sub para-d, Page – 144)
- Acceptance criteria for Radiography Test (RT)
- Acceptance criteria for Linear Indication (UW – 51)
- Acceptance criteria for Ultrasonic Test (UT)
- Acceptance criteria for Liquid Penetrant Test
- Acceptance criteria for Magnetic Particle Test (MT)
UW33 -Alignment tolerance.
That also must be taken care