This procedure outlines the process used in the company to:
- To ensure relevant departments follow requirements for quality inspection service.
- To set up an effective, efficient, and precise processes for resolving quality issues.
This procedure is applicable for monitoring and measurement productions.
- PO : Purchase order
- WI : Work instruction
- ITP : Inspection and test plan
- NDT : Non-destructive testing
- NCR : Non-conformity Report
- QA/QC : Quality control dept.
- HSE : Healthy – Safety and Environment Dept.
- PRD : Production Dept.
- FM : Facility and Maintenance dept.
- QCI : QC Inspector
- QCE : QC Engineer
- QAM : QA/QC Manager
- RT : Radiography test
- UT : Ultrasonic test
- MT : Magnetic test
- PT : Penetrant test
- MDR : Manufacturer Data Records
- DRW : Drawing
- WPS : Welding procedure specification
- SSPC : Steel structures painting council
- DFT : Dry film thickness
- IFC : Issued for construction
- STORE : Store keeper
- Quality manual
- ISO 9001
- The QAM is responsible to ensure compliance with this procedure.
Inspection of Material
- Upon receipt of purchased materials or Client’s free-issue items, QCI/QCE and/or STORE shall visually inspect as following:
- Check status of incoming material, quantity, dimension and size.
- Check whether certification conforms to specification or standards are required.
- Upon acceptable a lot or partial material, QCI/QCE shall be signed on PO.
- If any damaged items found, QCI/QCE shall identify by marking “HOLD” and quarantined these materials.
- QCI/QCE shall be prepared and issued the MRIR [Form no. QHSE-F-02].
- If any non-conforming materials are not compliance with the PO, these materials shall be treated follows non-conformance and corrective action management procedure.
Quality Control Documents
- Prior to commencing the fabrication, based on project requirement, QA/QC shall be firstly submitted suitable procedures to Client for approval. Control of document submission shall follow document control procedure.
- 184.108.40.206 Inspection bases on the job description or ITPs.
- 220.127.116.11 All dimensions shall internally check by PROD before sending Request for Inspection to QHSE department.
- 18.104.22.168 The acceptance criteria shall be based on the specifications or standards/codes whichever is more stringent.
- 22.214.171.124 QCI/QCE shall responsible to verify the request and issue the inspection report.
- 126.96.36.199 Fit–up inspection shall follow approved IFC drawings, technical specifications, and approved welding procedures.
- 188.8.131.52 The major dimensions may record as internal report.
- All weld products shall be visually inspected by inspector.
- Quality product shall be evaluated in accordance with applied standards or project specification.
- Visual inspection should control before, during and after welding.
- Visual inspection report shall record.
- All welding defects shall be repaired according to weld repair procedure.
- The major dimensions shall be re-checked and recorded.
- All NDT procedures and NDT plans shall prepare by QCE, essential variables are based on the approved IFC drawings and applicable specification.
- NDT request form will be raised by QCI/QCE or PROD.
- In case of the welding defects found after testing. The defects shall be repaired according to weld repair procedure.
- QCE shall prepare the welding maps and NDE maps to identify the weld joint or part number.
- During fabrication, QCI/QCE shall be followed up for inspection and recorded all information of weld joint such as: Joint No., Welder ID, WPS, NDT required, date of fitting-up, date of visual inspection and results, … into the weld summary report.
Pressure test for pressure equipment
- After fabricating completion, all piping spools will be identified the spool no. or tag name by paint marker or suitable traceability.
- Pressure test shall be performed in accordance with the approved drawing or specifications.
- The pressure test activities shall be in accordance with hydrostatic and pneumatic testing procedure.
- Upon completion, the spools shall be drained out all the test medium and drying out the internal pipe.
- All testing records shall be recorded in the pressure test certificates.
Surface treatment and coating inspection
- After completing fabrication or pressure test, the product may prepare for coating accordance with surface treatment and painting.
- All sharp edges will be rounded approximately 2mm.
- Edges, corners and weld beads may be stripe coated prior to apply coating.
- Prior to blasting all steel surfaces should free from oils/grease.
- After blasting and before painting all steel surfaces will be checked by QCI.
- DFT (Dry film thickness) inspection will be checked by QCI/QCE and reported.
- In-house calibration, welding machine and heat quiver will internally calibrated in-house and certified by electrical technician.
- External Calibration, QA/QC department shall monitor the master log sheet of all equipment. The Original certificates of calibration shall be verified and approved by QAM and it is retained in QA/QC department. Hard copies may issue for operator or for verification.
- Master Log, Calibration log shall be prepared and updated by QA/QC department for easy tracing when required.
INSPECTION AND TEST STATUS IDENTIFICATION
Inspection and test status of semi-finished / finished products shall be identified as follows:
- Mark “HOLD’’ or “REJECTED” in English and/or Vietnamese with QCI’s signature on the item and treat it according to non-conformance and corrective action management procedure.
- For material, equipment and free issues from Client, QC will sign-off on the P.O for acceptance and Store will receive and keep properly.
- For In-process product, inspection traveler or ITP will be attached to the fabrication items to indicate inspection status. Foremen/PROD supervisor and QCI will inspect as following Section 6.
Inspection flow chart is divided into 02 parts
- Inspection flow chart for incoming material inspection.
(Figure 1: Inspection flow chart for incoming material inspection)
- Inspection flow chart for in-process inspection.
(Figure 2: Inspection flow chart for in-process inspection)
The form format not included in the topic, please contact us to get it.